Friday, December 18, 2009

Share & Voice: The Obesity Epidemic

Two of my group members did their advocacy projects on obesity. I wanted to find out a little more about this health problem so I thought I would venture to youtube.com to see what I could find.

I actually learned a few different things from watching this video. Some ofthe facts I found interesting were:
  • over 30% of adults and 15% of children are considered obese
  • being obese puts you at risk for over 30 different disesases
  • People with a family history of excessive weight gain are more likely to become overweight themselves
  • Obesity is more common in African Americans and Hispanics
  • Asian Americans are least likely to become obese
  • BMI is not always the best indicator of obesity
It is a very intersting and short video. Take a look!!!

1 comment: