Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 2: Weekly Update

My SMART goal was to start recycling at my apartment complex since a service is not offered for the tenants. I am very happy with how the second week went of my eco-chic lifestyle change. I realized that I have a lot more recyclable items I use in the span of a week then I originally thought. My trash can I bought is already full!!!

The only challenge that I have run into is that I am going to have to either go to the recycling site more often then originally planned or store full recycling bags in my storage closet at my apartment. I think I will probably collect for two or three weeks at a time then go to the recycling site. That way I can store some bags in the storage closet but it won't get to full.

I am very excited about how this is going far. It makes me feel better to not be creating so much trash every single week. Surprisingly, I think my roommate and I have cut the amount of trash we produced in half by recycling! I am looking forward to next week and continuing with this lifestyle change. I am going to talk with the landlord next time I see him about the possibility of getting a recycling service once every other week at our complex. Wish me luck!!!

Blogged for the Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 2 hosted by Amy@Eco-Chic with Amy.

4 comments:

  1. Thats a great idea to talk to your landlord hopefully he will think its a good idea too and get started with recycling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing what difference you and your roommate are making. Imagine the impact of a whole apartment building full of people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome. I hope everything works out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like your smart goal is working out great. I know it is pretty amazing how many recyclable items you have around the house that you never realize.

    ReplyDelete