Friday, October 9, 2009

Reflection Post: Weeks 3 and 4

For the third week of Environmental Health we did not meet for the regular scheduled class. Instead we had a meeting with either Steve or Jayme to discuss how blogging is going and ask any questions we may have. I met with Steve for about 15 minutes and learned a lot in that short amount of time. One thing I learned how to do was use Google Reader. This tool will help me keep up with my classmates blogs and even set up a folder to view my groups posts so it is easier to comment on them. Steve also helped me figure out how to use my labels appropriately.

The fourth week of Environmental Health we started class by playing a game that reviewed different parts of the course home page as well as different topics associated with out blogs. This game was helpful and a good way to review the requirements we have to fulfill with our blogs. One thing that I learned was that I need to comment on all of Dr. V's posts.

After the game each student talked about what they were going to do for their eco-chic lifestyle change. There were a lot of good ideas that were mentioned and I am excited to see how each change progresses.

Finally to end class we watched the movie An Inconvenient Truth with Al Gore. This movie was much more interesting then I initially anticipated. An Inconvenient Truth presents many different topics related to global warming and what the effects will be if we do not make changes. One part of the movie that really stuck with me was the part that Mr. Gore talked about what would happen if the ice cap melted in Greenland. It is crazy to see how the landscape would change coastal areas around the world if this were to happen.

I am excited to see what we do in next weeks class! Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I found Google reader to be very helpful also. I am also excited to see what next week brings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the part of about the ice cap melting in Greenland really stuck with me. It was my first time using google reader also, and it really helps viewing comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. starting to get a hold of this. Google reader is helpful for sure.

    ReplyDelete