Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 5: Weekly Update

My SMART goal was to start recycling at my apartment complex. I am on week 5 of my lifestyle change and so far I have been doing an excellent job. The first few weeks of this change I would have to tell myself not to throwing things away and that I am working on recycling. Now it is almost just like second nature to go to my recycling bin... which happens to be right by the garbage so I have no excuses when throwing things out :)

In week 4 of this change I decided to challenge myself more by trying to cut out the number of recyclable items I am producing. The biggest reason I produce so much recycling is because I am highly addicted to this carbonated water that only Target sells. In the next few weeks I am really going to focus on replacing this carbonated water with regular water from a tap. Hopefully I will be able to ween myself off of it because not only am I producing unnecessary waste, I am also drinking water that is not the healthiest for me.

I am very proud of myself for sticking to this as long as I have. Today in school I even caught myself with a bottle, about to throw it away, but I remembered just in time :) It is getting easier at home like I said to remember to recycle, but at school it is still difficult. Recycling options are not as evident as trash options for throwing things away. Hopefully this will continue to get better with time.

I look forward to another week of recycling and making my second trip to the center next week!

Blogged for the Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 5 hosted by Amy@Eco-Chic with Amy.

2 comments: