Thursday, November 19, 2009

Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 7: Weekly Update

 My SMART goal was to start recycling at my apartment complex because I was not offered a service. Things continue to go very well for me. I have been reaching my goal which makes me feel good knowing that I am making a difference, even if I only am one person. My roommate is also continuing to do a good job of recycling her items as well.

This week I didn't do a great job of meeting my goal to drink less carbonated water. I am thinking that I am just going to stop completely and not buy it. It will save me money and then I won't be tempted as well. There are many different things that I could be putting into my body instead of water that isn't that great for you.

I talked to one of the other tenants in my apartment complex. She is an older lady. I asked her if she would be interested in having me collect her recyclable items, she said that she would "try" to remember to start collecting. So we will see how that goes. I often help her bring her grocieres in so it would not be that hard to grab the recyclable things when I do that. I hope that she attemps collecting her items.

I will be going to the recycling center again early next week. I am really proud that my roommate and I have stuck to this goal. I am looking forward to keeping it up the rest of this school year.

Blogged for the Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 7 hosted by Amy@Eco-Chic with Amy.

3 comments:

  1. I also feel that if I don't buy it I don't drink it or eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cool and I am proud to say I have a classmate doing this. awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats nice that you carry up your neighbor's groceries and good thinking asking to grab her recyclable items.

    ReplyDelete