Friday, November 6, 2009

Reflection Post: Weeks 7 and 8

This post will cover the last two weeks of class 10/26 and 11/2.

The class on October 26, I was unable to attend because I did not feel well. I had a chance to watch part of the film "Green" online and thought that it was very interesting. I also thought that it was very cool that the documentary was done by a graduate student, really impressive. For the eye-opener this week we were to see the amount of chemicals in one of the products we use in everyday life. My results were kind of scary with cancer being linked to my item, it will definitely make me more aware of what I buy in the future.

The week of November 2, we watched a documentary called "Thirst." This movie was about the privatization of water. Two different view points were shown in this documentary which was nice. This style gave you the opportunity to pick which side you support without strongly pulling you one way or another. I thought a good point was brought up in this documentary when they said that if we are not careful with how we deal with water, the price could end up soaring like gas prices. It is very hard for me to imagine a gallon of water costing $3.00. It was also sad to see that in some towns the citizens did not have the chance to vote on this issue.

When we were not watching the video on Monday we were discussing the smoking ban cessation meeting or "junking." It was interesting to hear about the smoking meeting and what different attendees though of it. I would have liked to make it to this but unfortunately I could not. The junking discussion was also fun and I realized after that I do a few more activities than I originally thought that are considered "junking." One of the ones I didn't mention before that I believe qualifies is buying and selling things off of ebay.

I am looking forward to the upcoming classes :)

3 comments:

  1. I also thought the junking discussion was a lot of fun and that I learned a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was two pretty cool weeks I thought. Im pretty excited for the next weeks to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also wanted to attend the forum but could not, and I liked hearing what classmates said about it.

    ReplyDelete