Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 6: Weekly Update

My SMART goal was to start recycling at my apartment complex. I am on week 6 of my lifestyle change and so far I have been doing an excellent job. This week I made another trip to the recycling center. I also found that I didn't use as many recyclable items as I did in previous weeks. This was a big accomplishment for me, I really cut down the amount of carbonated beverages (mostly water) that I was drinking. I still think I could do a better job of drinking more regular tap water though.

I am very proud of how my roommate is doing as well with the recycling. Every once and awhile I need to remind her to recycle though because I will find some kind of glass or plastic container in our garbage. I am happy that I have seen her adopt this change as well.

I finally got a chance to briefly talk to the landlord and the idea of getting a recycling company to pick up here was not well received. I am thinking about possibly getting some facts to present to him that show the importance of recycling.

In the mean time I will continue recycling and encouraging my roommate to do the same. If I can't convince the landlord to start having a company pick up, I may talk to a few of the neighbors I know and ask them if they would want me to start collecting their items as well.


Blogged for the Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 6 hosted by Amy@Eco-Chic with Amy.

4 comments:

  1. Great job on talking to the landlord. What do you mean when you say "not well received?" I like that you are keeping a positive attitude and have other alternatives in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go with talking to your landlord, it is always hard when someone doesn't see it your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again great job talking to your landlord. Really good to take the initiative to get something done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is one of the coolest things still! Good job

    ReplyDelete