Thursday, November 5, 2009

Share & Voice: "How Al Gores Movie Inconvenient Truth is full of crap"



This video called "How Al Gores Movie Inconvenient Truth is full of crap," was found on youtube. The video includes Glenn Beck who is both a television and talk radio host.

Ever since we first watched the movie, An Inconvenient Truth, a documentary by Al Gore, I have been wondering about the programs validity. I decided to do a little bit of my own research and see what some different people had to say about it. This is a longer video but most definitely worth your time to watch!

The most interesting counterclaim I found related to this video was regarding the melting of Greenland and/or Antarctica and how it would contribute to the sea level rising 20 feet. In the video experts say that at most by the year 2100 sea levels will have risen about 23 inches. Quiet a difference in statistics!!! I found this quote by John Stossel,"melting arctic ice won't raise sea levels anymore than melting ice in your drink would make your drink overflow." It makes sense to me if the mass of the ice cap is already in the water, it doesn't make sense that water levels would rise at all, they would stay consistant. Just something to consider!

I also found it ironic that so many of the other "facts" mentioned by Al Gore could so easily be disproved. I am not agreeing or disagreeing with this video, instead I am just bringing it to everyone's attention that you have to be careful to take everything as fact. There are two sides to every story.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting, way to look at the other side of what people have to say on the Al Gore movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job Kristin! There is a blog award at Dr. V's blog for you to pick up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this share and voice! Really cool that you looked further into the documentary!

    ReplyDelete